Termite Inspection Orange County Termite Terry Pest Control

Costa Mesa, Newport Beach, Huntington Beach, South Orange County, Long Beach Area

Homeowner Burns Down His Home While Attempting To Get Rid Of Snakes!

A 10,000 square-foot home went up in flames after a homeowner attempted to smoke out a snake infestation in his basement.

Apparently, the owner placed burning coals in smoke-emitting metal containers. Unfortunately, he placed them too close to combustible materials. A fire broke out in the basement, and it quickly spread to the first and second floors of the home.

No one was in the house when it went up in flames. At about 10pm, a neighbor saw smoke coming out the house and called 911.

75 firefighters were dispatched to put out the fire. This home was located outside of the city. Since there were no fire hydrants in the area, water tankers had to be used to shuttle in the water so they could put out the fire.

By the time that the fire had been put out, the 1.8-million-dollar home was a complete loss. There were no human injuries. As far as the snakes are concerned, their status was listed as “undetermined”. Snakes have a great sense of smell, and it is likely that they slithered off to a safer area before they were exposed to the fire.

Investigators have determined that this fire was an accident. There was no evidence of arson.

A spokesperson for the fire department recommended using other ways to battle an infestation. He said, “There are animal services that can come out and make recommendations, or pest control, or an exterminator. We recommend you have professionals deal with any pest issue to help maintain the situation.”